2.22.2009

When I was seven....

I was doing things like writing and coloring books about monsters, learning to bicycle in my mountainous home, hunting, fishing, science experiments: Really, anything to allow me to get the hell away (mentally). But, by and large, the greatest amount of my not-inconsiderable energy went into trying to bribe, connive and scheme my way into a puppy.

That sounds like normal kid stuff right? Well, perhaps we throw out the "gifted" label way too readily because everyone said that I was a hellishly bright, and gifted child.

Well, I beg to differ, a 7 year-old boy who disproves the long-standing origin of the asteroid belt between Saturn and Jupiter, and then replaces that theory with his own by the age of nine, now that is truly gifted.

I just wanted a puppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment