5.15.2009

Gasp! A Hockey post?!

Sure, Game 7 was anti-climactic, but I don't know if I could handle another OT game.

I loooooove Hockey. I grew up in the South in the 80s and 90s, where hockey was a damned near unknown quantity. But, I fell in love with Mario Lemieux and the late 80's Pens,and have remained a Pens fan since (even the historically bad teams of 4-6 years ago!). Since that time, I have adored the speed of the game, the athleticism, the toughness, and the sheer aesthetic beauty of the sport. So, imagine my surprise, when I stumbled across this excellent vault article from SI detailing the many, clever ways in which folks have cheated and skirted the rule.

Now, carry on kids, and enjoy the three month war of attrition that is the Stanley Cup playoffs. Let's go Pens.

You know what, this would look nice held up over center ice at the Igloo.

No comments:

Post a Comment