1.24.2010

Sunday has a new favorite song...


From VNV Nation's brilliant 2009 release, "Of Faith, Power & Glory" is this track, From my Hands. I could wax philosophic about this one, but the piano and vocals say it all. In the words of one commentator on YouTube: "Utterly heartbreaking, on some deeper, primal level. Or this one " I am in love with this song, it is just so perfect, what else to  say .." Or this one "Who would have thought that Ronan and Mark would grow like this." So yeah, pretty damned good song...


Lyrics go now:


So much I thought I'd have to say
Though I try to speak, my meaning strays.
We can't avoid the facts that brought us here.
I have come to say goodbye.

The lies I try to tell with my own eyes;
An act of pride, a willful compromise.
Please understand how torn I am
When I walk away from here.

I lament the moments we won't share.
If I am far too sentimental, I apologize.
Please understand this is who I am
And who I'll still be when I've walked away from here.

You know I'm not unkind
When I say in the future,
The past is just the past.

No going back,
No change of heart
But this is now,
Time will not differ.

My thoughts betray, so easily confess
How long I'll wait here after you have gone.
Nothing ends but I don't believe that now
Please don't walk away from here.

I went alone and I remember days.
Nothing will change a single fact of who you were to me
Oh, come what may, forever to the end
I find it so hard to let you go.

And hush now, let it go now
There's no need for sad goodbyes.
Hush now, let it go now
I know it's time to go.
Time to let this fall from my hands



.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment