5.07.2009

I've een very few lawsuits without merit...until this one

Sir, you are a raging vag. A worthless douche. Good thing I haven't uploaded, from my own end-use, a name to this player, otherwise Sam Keller might name me in his suit.

Jesus H Christ.* So, this pussy Nebraskan decides to sue EA Sports for "exploiting" the names and likenesses of the active student-athletes in their games. How does that work? Well, apparently, according to NCAA by laws, persons cannot profit off of active students. Makes sense. Where does EA come into this class-fuckin-action? Good question, this is how...per the complaint:

Though names are not visible on player jerseys in the video games, the lawsuit contends EA Sports "intentionally circumvents the prohibitions on utilizing student-athletes' names by allowing gamers to upload entire rosters, which include players' names and other information, directly into the game in a matter of seconds.

Hmmm. So, because ELU (end license users) can *gasp* change the names of the generic players to the current roster (whenever that might be) and *gasp* decide how to tweak the generic players, this is somehow a matter of EA's naughty behavior? WTF? Sorry, I can't even deal with this right now...the legal stupidity, the cupidity and the derogation of all sanity here has me at a loss.



*The only video games I play, in mostly honesty, are college football ones. Guess what, Mr. Keller, you would never be on my squad ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment